We, at the Youth Network, believe in Spiritual formation and Leadership development. We aim to create times and spaces for students to learn about their faith, grow in it and actively engage with it. We do this through the following Projects.
The Learning Project
The Learning Project involves a three year Evangelical Catechism class called Explore that will help students gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of their faith. The outline for this class is as follows:
Explore: God's Grand Biblical Narrative (4 weeks | Fall)
Explore: The Lord's Prayer (4 weeks | Spring)
Explore: The Creeds I (4 weeks | Fall)
Explore: The Creeds II (4 weeks | Spring)
Explore: The Decalogue (4 weeks | Fall)
Explore: The Sacraments (4 weeks | Spring)
For more information on Explore and to register please click on "Explore" in the menu bar.
The Worship Project
The Worship Project is a space for students to explore what it means to lead in worship. This includes learning to play the music, but more than that, it's learning what it means to worship our God with sincerity, while leading others to do the same. Students will have the opportunity to be mentored by some of Living Waters more seasoned worship leaders and band members. The Worship Project meets every second Tuesday night from 5PM-6:30PM. Dinner is included.
If you have any questions, contact Nicholas.
The Leadership Project
We at the Youth Network aim to recognize and release students to lead in the Church, in the Youth Network, and in their context. We also believe that God has gifted students with amazing passions, strengths and abilities in leadership. We hope to identify those God-given gifts, teach students how to use them, and create opportunities for them to function in them.
By the end of this program, we desire that every student would:
- Understand and be able to stand firm in their faith
- Lead confidently
- Take ownership of the Youth Network
- Be able to recognize their spiritual gifts and strengths and utilize them in every day life
- Lead their peers as models of servant leadership
- Understand that Leadership takes all sorts of forms & identify their personal leadership style
- Be a follower of Jesus
- Display a Christlike character
- Attend youth at least 3 times a month
- Serve in at least one area of the Youth Network Tuesday (ie. welcome team, worship team, media, sound etc.)
*If one or more of these expectations cannot be met due to full schedules please talk with Rebeca or Rachel.
- Volunteer hours for school
- References + Reference Letter (for post secondary school and/or job)
- Leadership experience (both behind the scenes and upfront)
If you are interested in becoming a student leader you need to...
- Obtain the Student Leadership Commitment Form (from Rebeca or Rachel), sign it and hand it in
- Complete the Leadership Project online application form
- Meet with either Rebeca or Rachel (or both) for a coffee/tea/juice and chat!
PLEASE NOTE: We will only be accepting applications in September (early) & January (early). We will not be accepting applicants midstream.