WHY ARE LIFE GROUPS IMPORTANT AT LIVING WATERS?
The idea of a small group of people gathering regularly is the heart beat of Living Waters. In Acts 2:42-27, Luke speaks of people who;
“…worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity - all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.”
We understand that deep care, community and building relationships cannot be fully achieved in one of our Sunday gatherings. It is a necessity that people in our community gather in ‘life groups’ throughout the week. There, people are able to find care, prayer, discipleship and relationships. Life Groups are birthed out of our values, and also breathes life into them.
WHAT IS A LIFE GROUP?
A life group is:
- A small group of people
- Who meet together regularly
- Who pray, study, serve together
- Building relationships over time, continually meeting together at least a year
- Growing closer with each other and with God
- Led by a leader(s) who is part of our church community
- With open doors ready to welcome others
HOW CAN YOU SUCCEED AS A LIFE GROUP LEADER?
We take recognizing & releasing seriously. We trust you with the responsibility to:
- Maintain your own vibrant spiritual life and godly character
- Dream and pray for what God would have for your group
- Replicate and allow our Living Waters values to flourish in your group
- Lead, care and pray for your group and the people in it
- Prepare and plan your life groups’ gatherings (time, place, study, etc)
- Recognize, help develop, and help release others to lead
- Be the contact person and follow up with people interested in being part of your life group
- Attend quarterly life group leaders’ summits
HOW WILL OUR LIVING WATERS PASTORAL TEAM HELP?
On our pastoral team, Reuben Kramer, Mike Vaters & Joanne Knight help oversee and give leadership to our life groups. In supporting your leadership, we commit to:
- Empowering and equipping you to lead well!
- Caring for you as leaders and people in our community
- Resourcing you and your group’s journey
- Communicating with you of our church’s direction, values and DNA
- Journeying alongside you and your group, especially in challenging circumstances or working with challenging people
- Praying for you and your group
STEPS TO BECOMING A LIFE GROUP LEADER:
- Connect with Reuben Kramer, Mike Vaters or Joanne Knight.
- Look through life group information (on this page), get an idea of what becoming a leader looks like.
- Pray about it.
- Fill out the application & life group leader commitment form (to be provided).
- Walk with our team to identify next steps (i.e. planting a new group, leading an existing group, etc).