Evangel Week 6: Load Testing Love
Check out the video sermon for week 6 titled "Load Testing Love" here.
Big Idea: Our lives, like love, only grow when we learn to give them away.
- When are some of the times you’ve felt most fulfilled? Is there any connection between that sense of fulfillment and giving yourself away?
Read Philippians 2:1-11 and Discuss the Following
- Paul says to have ‘the mind of Christ’, reading this passage what does Christ’s mind look like?
- The most important word in this passage is “therefore” in verse 9 as it infers that Jesus’ self-emptying is the reason for his glorification. When have you felt the benefits of taking the low road?
- If God is going to glorify someone who lets himself be crucified by ‘sinners’, what type of attitude or posture should we take to people we think are wrong, sinful, etc?
- What do you think it looks like to believe in ‘resurrection life’ here and now? What does it mean to die to yourself and be risen with Christ (Rom. 6/Galatians 2:20) everyday?