Lead Pastor Update
October 16, 2017
Thanks to all those who were able to attend our Special Business Meeting. We saw 100 members (of 158 active members) in attendance, as well as number of others who came to offer support and prayer.
Our Council is happy to report that Dave Solmes was strongly affirmed as our next Lead Pastor in the membership vote. We were then able to pray over Dave and Julie following the meeting. Let’s thank God for his faithfulness in this season, and trust him for abundant blessing in the future!
Dave will be formally installed and begin with LWC the first week of January 2018. Until then he will continue to serve in his current role as Assistant Superintendent at the PAOC BC/Yukon District Office.
Listen to "A Conversation with Dave & Julie Solmes" from Sunday, October 15th.
More about Dave & Julia Solmes
Dave and Julie Solmes have been married for 27 years and have three young adult / teenage children: Lucas, Lindsey and Lauren. Dave and Julie have enjoyed over 28 years of ministerial experience, and have called Living Waters their church home since moving to Walnut Grove in 2009 from Victoria, BC.
Q&A with Dave and Julie
What kinds of things do you like doing together or as a family?
Eating Julie’s baking and meals, kayaking, hiking, relaxing in our hot tub, trips to see our families in Ontario and California, spoiling our handsome little dog, Duke, and family games which includes Settlers of Catan.
Can you tell us a little more about the family?
Julie just finished the Half Tough Mudder in Seattle (September 2017) and is now taking on the full Tough Mudder in 2018. Lucas is a student at UBC, Lindsey is a youth Intern at Glad Tidings Church, Victoria, and Lauren is in grade 11 at Walnut Grove Secondary.
Why do you call Living Waters home? What do you like about our church?
We came as a family because another family invited us (people of welcome) and because of our high regard for the Pastoral Team. We appreciate the church’s priorities given to community and spiritual formation, and the determination to creatively walk out the community values.
What gets you excited about the possibility of serving at Living Waters?
Getting to know more people within the congregation and community on a deeper level. Joining a very productive Pastoral Team and being catalytic in multiplying ministries. Discovering with the Living Waters community what God has on His mind for the future.
- Assistant Superintendent BC and Yukon District (Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada, 2009 - present)
- Serving 200 churches and 680 credential holders.
- Coaching of church planters, aiding churches in areas of vitality and growth.
- Extensive service and consultation for various churches, pastoral teams, church boards/councils.
- Executive Pastor (Glad Tiding Church, Victoria, BC, 2002 - 2009)
- Oversight of ministerial operations for congregation of 1200. o Development and oversight of children’s ministry, Life Groups, discipleship tracks, etc.
- Bi-weekly preaching and Sunday service pastoral leadership.
- Lead Pastor (Southshore Community Church, Quebec, 1995 – 2002) o Developed values based vision of discipleship and community ministry, including a building project.
- Multiple Sunday services to accommodate growth.
- Youth and Assistant Pastor (Evangel Pentecostal Church, Kingston, ON, Trinity Pentecostal Church, Oshawa, ON 1989 – 1995)
Education / Certification
- Master of Arts in Ministerial Leadership (Southeastern University, completion 2018).
Bachelor of Theology (Eastern Pentecostal Bible College, 1990).
Crucial Conversations certification (2015), Level 1 Life Coaching certification (2012), Certified Birkman Consultant (2011).
Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada Ordained Minister (1992) Recent Community Life Involvement
Dave Organized TogetherNOW at Walnut Grove Secondary School, a parent led action group to aid with drug abuse concerns (2016 – present).
Dave Coached Rep Soccer – Langley and Surrey (2011 – 2015).
Julie holds a Bachelor of Arts in Leadership (Trinity Western University, 2015). Julie also recently served on the Living Waters Church Council, is an active part of the Mentoring Network, and serves with our children’s ministry at the Fort Langley campus.